Dog Boarding Suites
Welcome to Tradewinds Pet Suites, one of Leeward Oahu’s best-kept secrets. Located in sunny Lualualei Valley, we’re a small, family-operated kennel. We offer all oversized, “walk-in” fresh-air kennels, each featuring a cozy indoor area that opens directly into its own 25-foot outdoor run. Guests are free to relax inside or go outside and watch the horses in the arena as they choose. We also offer a huge, fully fenced “puppy play yard.” This spacious, grassy area, complete with mature Palm and Mango trees provides a place where our guests can frolic and enjoy a more natural setting.
Download our Oahu Dog Boarding Agreement.
We offer “over-sized” guestrooms with private runs—available in three sizes: Queen, King, and our Super King Suite. We also have air-conditioned “Petites Suites” for our smaller guests.
- NEW! Air-conditioned Petite Suites for guests weighing 25 pounds or less.
- The Queen Kennel is approximately 30′ x 4.5′ wide and includes an indoor area that is approximately 4.5’ x 3.5’.
- Our King Kennel is 30’ x 6’ and includes an indoor area that is 6’ x 3.5’.
- Our Super King Suite has accommodations for up to two compatible members of the same Ohana. The Super King Suites are 30’ x 9’ and have two separate indoor areas, each 4.5’ x 3.5’. This is the perfect arrangement for dogs who live in the same home and are accustomed to being together.
Our office hours are from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday – Friday. Kennel hours, tours and check-in and check-out times are by appointment. We are closed weekends and holidays, but rest assured that your pet is cared for—a member of our staff comes in twice a day to feed and care for our guests on these days. Check-out time is 10 a.m. to avoid being charged for the check-out day.
NOTE: If you will not be able to arrive at the scheduled time, please let us know in advance to re-schedule. Saturday check-ins/outs are at 9 AM ONLY; Sunday checkins/outs are at 9 AM or 4 PM ONLY. Weekdays check out by 10 AM to avoid boarding charges for that day. We have a 3-day minimum stay. During November and December, the minimum stay is one week.
If you have an emergency, please call our cell phones at (808) 206-4576 or 808-228-5842 (Alex).
Oahu Dog Boarding Rates
- Air-Conditioned Aloha Suite—$95/Day (Includes private play yard.)
- Super King Double**—$125/day (Includes up to 2 guests.)
- Air-Conditioned “Petite Suite”: $39/day (Must weigh 25 lbs or less.)
Monthly rates are available upon request, and in recognition of the sacrifices made by the men and women of the armed forces, we offer a special Military rate when a pet’s parent is deployed. We also offer a special rate for NRA members. Please note that reservations cannot be confirmed until we have received the following:
- A completed and signed dog boarding agreement
- Copies of all required veterinary records (see Checklist below)
- A nonrefundable deposit of 50 percent of the estimated boarding fees. For reservations during holiday months Nov. and Dec.), we require payment in full at the time of booking in order to confirm the reservation. All payments are nonrefundable, so be sure to finalize your travel plans before reserving accommodations. For your convenience, we accept personal checks, MC, VISA and Discover cards. All prices are plus Hawaii GET. For accommodations during November, December, July, and August, reservations can only be accepted with full payment in advance. Note: Surcharges apply for accommodations on the Fourth of July and New Year’s Eve.
**King double includes up to 2 compatible family members sharing the suite. Guests must be able to eat and sleep together without incident. Pet owner assumes all responsibility in the event of pet disputes.
All prices are subject to change without notice.
Making a Reservation is as easy as 1-2-3.
- Download and complete our Oah’u Dog boarding agreement.
- Email the completed and signed agreement, along with the required veterinary/medical records to email@example.com or fax it to 808-697-1249. Most veterinarians will fax your records to us upon request.
- Once we have the boarding agreement and medical records, we’ll send you an invoice. A non-refundable deposit of 50% of the invoice amount is required at the time of booking to guarantee your reservation. Reservations for the months of November and December require payment in full at the time of booking in order to guarantee a reservation.
For the health and well-being of all our guests, we require a written certificate from your veterinarian showing current vaccinations. Distemper, Parvovirus, Hepatitis, and Leptospirosis (DHLLP) must be current. (Proof of vaccination titer test is also acceptable). In addition, a negative fecal float and documentation of a negative Heartworm test, both done within the past year, are required. Bordetella (kennel cough) is required within 6 months of boarding – sorry, no exceptions. If you’re not sure your pet is properly immunized, please call us and we will be glad to help answer your questions.
- All guests must be parasite-free and provide documentation of being on heartworm and parasite (flea/tick) prevention programs. In addition, all guests are asked to wear a tick collar while staying with us. For your convenience, we do have tick collars available for purchase at check-in time.
- All guests must have had a bath with 24 hours of arrival at Tradewinds Pet Suites.
- All personal items must be labeled with guest’s name (blankets, toys, food, treats, etc.).
- Download the Tradewinds Pet Suites Oahu dog boarding agreement.
Other Features & Services
- Oral and topical medications can be administered for a nominal additional fee. We do not do injections. Please see the boarding agreement for further details or give us a call at 808-696-4900.
- Music in kennels
Please click here for references and reviews from a few of our guests. (Scroll down for more reviews.) Mahalo, and thank you for considering Tradewinds Pet Suites as your pet’s “home away from home.”
Visit our gallery for references from the guest themselves. Their smiles say it all!
It’s no secret that abandoned, lost and otherwise homeless dogs here in Hawaii have a miserable existence—and then they die. Please take a moment to check out our sister site, Geneva’s Phoenix which is dedicated to rescuing and appropriately re-homing German Shepherds and Belgian Malinois dogs who need help.