“We Speak Dog”
Welcome to Tradewinds Pet Suites, one of Leeward Oahu’s best-kept secrets. Located in sunny Lualualei Valley, we’re a small, family-operated kennel. We offer all oversized, “walk-in” fresh-air kennels, each featuring a cozy indoor area that opens directly into its own 25-foot outdoor run. Guests are free to relax inside or go outside and watch the horses in the arena as they choose. We also offer a huge, fully fenced “puppy play yard.” This spacious, grassy area, complete with mature Palm and Mango trees provides a place where our guests can frolic and enjoy a more natural setting.
Now Offering Free Pickup & Delivery!
Scratch Item #37 from your to-do list. We’ll pick up your pup and bring her back—FREE! There are a few (very reasonable) requirements. If your dog weighs less than 50 pounds and you’ll be booking her for at least a 7-night stay, we’re off to a perfect start. You’ll need to provide an approved travel crate, and our insurance guy says you’ll need to put your pet into the vehicle; our drivers are not allowed.
Shuttle service is available Monday through Thursday. We’ll be at your place between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. We can’t predict an exact time because construction, traffic and other schedule-hampering conditions are beyond our control.
Download our Oahu Dog Boarding Agreement.
We offer exclusively “over-sized” guestrooms – no crates or cages. Accommodations are available in three sizes–Queen, King and our Super King Suite.
- The Queen Kennel is approximately 30 feet long by 4.5 feet wide and includes an indoor area that is approximately 4.5’ x 3.5’.
- Our King Kennel is 30’ x 6’ and includes an indoor area that is 6’ x 3.5’.
- Our Super King Suite has accommodations for up to two compatible members of the same Ohana. The Super King Suites are 30’ long x 9’ wide and have two separate indoor areas, each 4.5’ x 3.5’. This is the perfect arrangement for dogs who live in the same home and are accustomed to being together.
Our office hours are from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday – Friday. Kennel hours, tours and check-in and check-out times are by appointment. We are closed weekends and holidays, but rest assured that your pet is cared for — a member of our staff comes in twice a day to feed and care for our guests on these days. Check-out time is 10 a.m. to avoid being charged for the check-out day. If you have an emergency, please call our cell phones at 808-206-4576 or 808-228-5842 (Alex).
We encourage you to utilize our “Brown Bag” boarding option and bring your dog’s food with him or her when you check in. We do this for two reasons:
- Any change in diet or environment can be stressful for your pet, so it’s a good idea to keep things as normal as possible. Some pets dislike dietary changes and may decline to eat the new food – no matter how high its quality may be. Also, by keeping your pet on her regular diet, she’s less likely to experience gastric distress and discomfort.
- By providing and pre-bagging your pet’s food, you can save money – we offer $6 per day off our regular “Full Board” price when you opt for “Brown Bag” boarding. To qualify for the discounted “brown bag” rates, pet parents are asked to pre-bag each pet’s meals into ready-to-serve Zip-Lock bags, each marked with the pet’s name.
- Super King Suite (price includes up to two compatible dogs sharing the same kennel)—$85/day
- Cooling Bed – $5/day additional. Please note that if your dog damages a cooling bed, the replacement cost due will be $220.
- Doggie Daycare – $25/day/guest – Queen
Pricing for full-board meal service is available upon request and is dependent on the size of your dog. Monthly rates are available upon request, and in recognition of the sacrifices made by the men and women of the armed forces, we offer a special Military rate when a pet’s parent is deployed. Please note that reservations cannot be confirmed until we have received the following:
- A completed and signed dog boarding agreement
- Copies of all required veterinary records (see Checklist below)
- A nonrefundable deposit of 50 percent of the estimated boarding fees. For reservations during holiday months Nov. and Dec.), we require payment in full at the time of booking in order to confirm the reservation. All payments are nonrefundable, so be sure to finalize your travel plans before reserving accommodations. For your convenience, we accept personal checks, MC, VISA and Discover cards. Prices shown are for “Brown-Bag Boarding.” All prices are plus Hawaii GET. For accommodations during November, December, July and August, reservations can only be accepted with full payment in advance. Note: Surcharges apply for accommodations on the Fourth of July and New Year’s Eve.
- Download and complete our Oah’u Dog boarding agreement.
- Email the completed and signed agreement, along with the required veterinary/medical records to email@example.com or fax it to 808-697-1249. Most veterinarians will fax your records to us upon request.
- Once we have the boarding agreement and medical records, we’ll send you an invoice. A non-refundable deposit of 50% of the invoice amount is required at the time of booking to guarantee your reservation. Reservations for the months of November and December require payment in full at the time of booking in order to guarantee a reservation.
For the health and well-being of all our guests, we require a written certificate from your veterinarian showing current vaccinations. Distemper, Parvovirus, Hepatitis and Leptospirosis (DHLLP) must have been given within the past year. (Proof of vaccination titer test is also acceptable). In addition, a negative fecal float and documentation of a negative Heartworm test, both done within the past year, are required. Bordetella (kennel cough) is required within 6 months of boarding – sorry, no exceptions. If you’re not sure your pet is properly immunized, please call us and we will be glad to help answer your questions.
- All guests must be parasite-free and provide documentation of being on heartworm and parasite (flea/tick) prevention programs such as Sentinel, Interceptor, Frontline Plus, etc. In addition, all guests are asked to wear a tick collar while staying with us. For your convenience, we do have tick collars available for purchase at check-in time.
- All guests must have had a bath with 24 hours of arrival at Tradewinds Pet Suites.
- All personal items must be labeled with guest’s name (blankets, toys, food, treats, etc.).
- For a downloadable copy of our boarding contract, please click here.
Other Features & Services
- Veterinarian on call
- Oral and topical medications can be administered for a nominal additional fee.
- Music in kennels
Please click here for references and reviews from a few of our guests. (Scroll down for more reviews.) Mahalo, and thank you for considering Tradewinds Pet Suites as your pet’s “home away from home.” Visit our gallery for references from the guest themselves. Their smiles say it all!